16.4.10

i'm harry gardner

and i am thoroughly unqualified. though somewhat experienced in the matter of living.

i am on a journey of learning how to live. a journey that has led me through the open fields and bloody riots of Kenya, into the slums, villages and homes of India’s poorest, and has opened my eyes to the needs of Australia, at my front door.
though i lack any piece of paper guaranteeing any ability what-so-ever, i am able to learn whatever is put in front of me.
i have been called an entrepreneur, but i have no desire to earn any money for what i do.
the projects i invest my life into fill my stomach and nourish my mind, and with that I am satisfied.

for a long time now i have believed in Love. the unifying force of Love, it’s power to bridge any gorge, be it religion, sex, race, age or social status. Love is above and beyond all of our social criterias. this Love is what has pulled me into Africa and India and into the homes and hearts of the poor and the underprivileged.

this same Love has shown me the value and strength of acts of kindness, and this is where my value to you comes into play. if you have a neighbour who needs a fence painted, a mother who needs a veranda repaired, a story that needs to be written, a subject that needs a poem, a house in need of spring cleaning, someone to think and develop ideas with, someone to plan an event, or absolutely anything you can possibly think of, i am available to you. i am here to serve you and do not ask for payment for my services, so in that line of thinking would prefer that any requests you may send are not to help you earn money for yourself. i would rather you think of me as a tool for your own acts of kindness.

please contact me, for any reason what-so-ever.

my current status: to find me on an atlas today you would need to look to Gujurat, India, where I am with my FiancĂ©, learning to play the flute, learning to sew, admiring water buffalos and building pre-schools and community centre’s in the slums of Ahmedabad. i will be returning to the Central Coast, NSW, in December 2009.
- http://thenest.dumbofeather.com/?p=287

No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts will be read and appreciated, thanks for taking the time x