28.1.10

i'm going to almost apologise now, in advance, for the mass video content that you will come across in the next three or so seconds



timeless, ageless, everything-bad-less
outkast and this song are/is/iz/argh/isz/ah so freaking GOOD.
the intro's pretty long in this version, but i thought it was worth keeping in just for fun.


the line at 1:32 always seems to resonate the most with me. and 2:20..awiosejskdf !.
this song has gotten me through tough times, and made other emotional times even more prolonged. but in any case, i think its such a powerful song.
not sure how i feel about this video so much..i've never youtubed iOTA bc i always imagined him to be middle-aged and workin a lot of scruffy facial hair with a pair of genuine Pete Murray-like eyes and some sort of good clothing steez.
but wow @ the description of 'this is a poetic death ballad set in a mid 20th Century post-war Australia.'


i remember reading a youtube comment about this video once saying that the video for this song was one of their very favourites, but that they didnt like watching it bc they'd already made up their own mental imagery while listening to this song and didn't want to have someone else's perception overclouding their own. couldn't have said it better myself.
the first time i heard this i was almost disappointed. i hadn't heard all that much of Grizzly Bear, but this song seemed dull, and too long.
but it's a grower for sure. now i just think it's beyond words. please please listen if you have the time.
and imagine how long this claymation must have taken in production !

ohmygod. ohhhmygod.
that just reminded me. there was a book i used to hire out of my primary school library week after week after week, for years.
i loved it.
it showed the view from a boy's window, i think. over time.
i think the imagery of the landscape was done in clay, or something.
it was beautifully done. oh god the dejavu.
over the images the view changed, as man slowly but surely altered the natural Australian landscape into a concrete and barren cityscape.
i just googled it and from the thumbnails that i've seen i thiiink it could be Window by Jeannie Baker. but not entirely sure.
this is an image out of that book..
'Window is a groundbreaking work which points to one possible direction for books in the future - the wordless picture book.'
in her own words; 'I'm not saying that all changes are bad, and we have to live, but I think we should be more careful about the way we live. It's not intended as propaganda.'
i can't wait to have kids so i can give them book after great book when theyre growing up, to give them the books that i read and loved and learnt from when i was their age, to give them books for Easter and other celebrations, like i have been given.
i can't wait to fill their bedrooms with bookshelves of books that they can read over and over and still feel the same as they did the first time they read them.
if anyone has any book suggestions, i'm all ears. its been a while since i've settled into something that i've really loved.

this is both one of the most heart-wrenching and uplifting things i've read in a long time.

'I just wake up each day in a slightly different place. Grief is like a moving river, so that’s what I mean by it’s always changing. It’s a strange thing to say because I’m at heart an optimistic person, but I would say in some ways it just gets worse. It’s just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone.' - Michelle Williams, re the loss of Heath Ledger.
oh my heart.

'I am an independent, autonomous adult, and I should be able to leave my apartment whenever I want. I know that women get harassed and assaulted in the city, but that isn’t my fault. I shouldn’t have to stay inside after dark, to avoid certain streets, or to watch what I wear because if I’m not careful, men will attack me. Men are responsible for their own behavior. I hate how our society places the responsibility on women, like I need to accept misogyny and be “responsible” by drastically restricting my movements after dark.' — Never Be Silent: Three feminist rants

Photobucket

i'll try to articulate my thoughts as well and understandable as possible in the following, so bear with me.
i've always had a bit of a favouritism for silver, or at least rose-gold, over stark gold. it can appear a bit tackie when in excess, if put together or accompanied wrongly.
for Chanel's latest Couture collection designer Karl Lagerfeld's focussed largely on a use of silver and i worship him for it. it hasnt got the sort of ~arrogance that gold can appear to possess.
the concept was a result of "electronic flashes" he experienced in his sleep. 'I saw it in a dream and I made the sketches..at five o'clock in the morning.'
i admit i'm clearly not a karl on any level, but i've had some of my best ideas, like he, in dreams. i keep a notebook or my phone close to my bed and when i shower so that i can jot down the ideas that i get at those times. sometimes they're terrible when i fully wake up and reconsider them, though at othere times they've fulfilled everything that i've been desiring at that time.


lately, i've been absolutely trying to emulate in every way, shape or form these sleek, sleeved maxi-dresses that the Olsen twins seem to love just as much. i love them. i love them i love them.
Photobucket
yesterday i found a pattern for a similar-ish dress in my mum's archives and bought some drapey black fabric to do so with. i wanted to make it for a party on friday but i think i rushed and so far it has turned out so so miserably. today i'm going to start again. i'm so determined to have a thousand of them !

i think i really need a tumblr account so i stop clogging up this blog with so much imagery and wording that i have everyday lying in waiting just to be used in the next post. also, i'd then have saved the credit for each slice of imagery paradise. i so often just save an image off a site without taking note of where i saved it from, then later run into a spot of trouble when trying to find its source.
i think blogging is meant for personal thoughts, but i've really been abusing that purpose for so long now. i wonder if my posts are even interesting, they've just been so consistently full of the insides of other people's minds and not my own. i suppose its a form of laziness, as well as a virtual tumblr page.

Photobucket

ps i know there's been a lot of fashion blogging hype re blue hair lately, but god i want some. if only just some grey-blue streaks in lightened hair for small-town-stomachable-subtlety..

farbloodyout. it is so good to get so much of that off my chest. phew.

2 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!! i stopped reading the post at the start of the book reference bit, I USED TO DO THE EXACT SAME, and i know which book you're talking about and its fabulous and its great and aaaah

    ReplyDelete

your thoughts will be read and appreciated, thanks for taking the time x